The Body Shop NEW Superfood Masks
Launched in June this year The Body Shop Superfood Masks are not only 100% Vegetarian but three out of the five released are 100% Vegan!
So what are the New Superfood Masks?
“From the instafamous to your healthy living friends, everyone’s posting about superfoods. Super rich in health and beauty benefits, it’s no surprise they’re the word (and taste) on everyone’s lips right now. But while that acai charcoal smoothie is helping you glow from within, you might need a little help getting your skin to look as healthy as you feel.
click to zoom
That’s where our NEW expert facial masks come in. Packed, crushed and drizzled with natural ingredients, each one has been expertly formulated with your skin’s needs in mind. Made with 100% vegetarian ingredients (our Himalayan Charcoal, British Rose and Amazonian Acai masks are actually 100% vegan) and formulated without parabens, paraffins, silicone or mineral oils – just our finest recipes packed with beauty superfoods from Himalayan charcoal to Amazonian acai berries.
click to zoom
Inspired by traditional beauty remedies from around the world, each jar contains a secret power from purifying to nourishing to help your skin look and feel as good as you do inside.” (The Body Shop)
With each mask helping to give your skin that extra boost it might need, from detoxing to energising. Here’s a brief summary of what each mask targets;
- Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask – helps detox your skin.
- British Rose Fresh Pumping Mask – helps hydrate your skin.
- Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask – Nourishment for your skin.
- Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask – brightens your skin.
- Amazonian Acai Energising Radiance Mask – energises your skin.
Earlier this week The Body Shop Ireland gifted me two of the masks from the collection; Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask and Amazonian Acai Energising Radiance Mask. Each mask from the collection is priced at €25.00 for 75ml.
First impressions and the aroma from the both of the masks are fantastic. You can almost feel them working before you even try them out. I decide to try the Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask first and then try the Amazonian Acai Energising Radiance Mask. The Body Shop call this Multi-Masking and actually recommend you try a combination of masks on your skin depending on the results you are aiming for.
An example The Body Shop gave me for ‘sleepy, stressed out skin that’s lost its get up and glow‘ is THE REPLENISH & RECHARGE FACIAL. They recommend applying the Amazonian Acai Energising Radiance Mask to your forehead and nose. Then they recommend you apply the Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask to your cheeks. Finally, they recommend the application of British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask to your chin. You allow all 3 blends to sink in for 5-10 minutes, before gently washing off. Sounds divine!
Back to my own tests and trials of the NEW Superfood Masks! Application is easy. I start with the Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask.
“FOR SKIN THAT NEEDS TO RELEASE IMPURITIES AND TOXINS TO HELP REVEAL A HEALTHY-LOOKING, YOUTHFUL GLOW. Inspired by Ayurvedic traditions, our tingling mud mask contains powerful ingredients.
- Bamboo charcoal from the Himalayan foothills, known to draw out impurities and excess oils from the skin.
- Green tea leaves from Japan, rich in antioxidants and catechins, effectively exfoliate the skin.
- Community Trade organic tea tree oil from Kenya, known to help keep skin looking clearer.” (The Body Shop)
I cleanse my skin and add a layer of the mask to my face and neck, avoiding my eyes and mouth areas. The Body Shop recommend using their New Facial Mask Brush or fingers, I use the later. I leave the mask on for about 10 minutes. This mask dries as it is a mud. I gently wash off and pat dry. My skin feels fantastic.
Next up, I apply the Amazonian Acai Energising Radiance Mask.
“FOR SKIN THAT NEEDS A FAST RECHARGE FROM SIGNS OF FATIGUE AND STRESS. Inspired by the rituals of Amazonian tribes, our juicy fresh mask with powerful natural ingredients from South America.
- Acai berry extract from Brazil, rich in anti-oxidants and vitamin C that fight the appearance of fatigue.
- Guarana seed extract from Brazil, known for its energy boosting properties from its high concentration of caffeine.
- Community Trade organic babassu oil from Brazil, an effective nut oil known to soften, smooth and revitalise the skin.” (The Body Shop)
As with all the masks you need to ensure your skin is cleansed beforehand. Mine already is so I add a layer of the mask to my face and neck, avoiding my eyes and mouth areas (next time I’ll include my décolleté). Again I leave the mask on for about 10 minutes. This time I gently wash off using circular motions to help exfoliate as it washes off. I then pat my face and neck dry. My skin feels detoxed and energised.
It’s recommended you use your mask, or indeed masks 2-3 times a week. As a busy mother, I’ll be aiming for two but if it’s once a week I’ll still be winning! I’ll be using the masks on their own and together. I’ll also swap the routine around.
For more on The Body Shop New Superfood Masks visit The Body Shop Website or call in to any store nationwide.
Don’t Forget ↓
- Galway Comedy Festival 2021 – 5 Radiant Reasons to Go - September 16, 2021
- Jenkinstown Wood, Kilkenny – Whimsical Walks and Wonderment - September 12, 2021
- Sustainable Living – 6 Essential Hacks for a Clean Healthy Home - September 3, 2021