Viviscal – Gentle Shampoo and Moisturising Conditioner
Most of you have heard of Viviscal Supplements. They’re the ones that ‘are scientifically proven to help maintain healthy hair growth from within‘ (viviscal.com). Used by both women and men, in particular Ronan O’Gara who has been signed up to be the face or should I say the hair of the men’s suppliment … yes he’ll be tackling the thinning hair taboo, this stuff, from what I’ve read really works!
… but I’m not reviewing the suppliments this evening I’m reviewing the Viviscal Gentle Shampoo and Moisturising Conditioner, which I kindly received a sample of a couple of weeks ago.
Dedicated to bringing health back into your hair and scalp, Viviscal’s Gentle Shampoo and Moisturising Conditioner duo are rehab for YOUR hair after the party season is over.
Sure with a comment like that why wouldn’t I want to try them out!
Viviscal Gentle Shampoo
I have naturally curly hair. I get it professionally coloured and only get it straightened professionally … not because I’m a diva, just because I can’t do it. I wash it most days as my curls tend to go astray and when I up style it, I use mouse and spray to keep it in place. Curly hair is naturally dry. Frequently washed, coloured, moused and sprayed hair can become even drier. With this in mind and as I love to explore the different products available to help improve the state of my hair I was only too happy to learn that Viviscal Gentle Shampoo … is gentle. Mild and paraben free, the shampoo cleanses your hair and scalp with a very slight lather as it’s also SLES/SLS (foaming agents found in most cosmetics that aren’t very good for you) free. I’ve been told that the multi fruit extracts that are in the shampoo help to exfoliate and stimulate the scalp and after using it for the past couple of weeks, I’d agree.
Viviscal Moisturising Conditioner
If I was going to try the shampoo, I was going to try the conditioner. Conditioner for my hair is a must, so much so that when I go away, whether it be a night, weekend or a fortnight, I always pack conditioner. Viviscal’s Moisturising Conditioner contains a blend of Argon and Hazelnut oils, Hydrolysed Keratin and Creatine, which all sound superb but it’s not about how they roll off the tongue it’s how they work together to give you the moisture you need, and indeed they do. From the moment the conditioner is massaged into your roots and ends, you can feel it work it’s moisturising magic. My hair felt conditioned, full and soft which is exactly what I look for in a conditioner.
Viviscal Gentle Shampoo and Moisturising Conditioner Facts
- Both are suitable for all hair types including those with dry, damaged, coloured, fine and thin hair.
- Both are colour-safe and light enough for frequent use.
- The Shampoo is free from agents such as SLES/SLS which are in most shampoos and aren’t very good for your hair
- The Shampoo contains Panthenol which is a natural material with plenty of benefits for your hair.
- The Conditioner contains Argan and Hazelnut Oils which soften, nourish and condition the scalp and hair.
- Viviscal Gentle Shampoo and Moisturising Conditioner are available from Boots and leading pharmacies for €11.95 each and online at www.viviscal.ie where funnily they are €14.95 each.
With special offers on bottles of shampoo’s and conditioner’s in nearly every shop nowadays, €12 is probably considered expensive by most but when you consider the rubbish foaming agents and chemicals that are in these lower priced bottles … you really need to ask yourself are you really saving in the long run?
Don’t Forget ↓
Latest posts by Edwina O'Connor (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide to Art and Culture Festivals in Ireland 2020 - January 18, 2020
- Really Easy Irish Shortbread Cookie Recipe - January 14, 2020
- 30 of the Best St Patrick’s Day Festivals – Around Ireland and the World - January 13, 2020