A Simple Recipe for Sangria
Sangria – we all know of it, most of us have drunk it at some stage, but not many of us have made it for ourselves.
Traditionally a Spanish punch based on red wine and chopped fruit – making Sangria is easy once you have the main ingredients. After that you can add whatever you want. Then with practice you’ll perfect the taste – just the way you like it.
This is the recipe I follow and it’s always worked out well.
- 1 Bottle of Red wine (Nothing too expensive maybe a Rioja or a Merlot for around €10)
- 10cl of Brandy
- One Orange
- 1 1/2 lemons
- An apple
- 2 tsp of Sugar
- Half cup of Ginger Ale
- 1 1/2 cups of soda water.
- Put the wine and brandy into a 1.5 litre jug.
- Cut up the fruit and squeeze a bit of the juice from the fruit into the wine and brandy mixture.
- Add all the cut up fruit.
- Then add the sugar and stir.
- Keep it in the fridge for a few hours.
- When you are ready to drink the Sangria – take it from the fridge.
- Stir in the ginger ale and soda.
- Add loads of ice.
That’s it. It’s very easy and you can add anything you like to the mix. So why not hold on to summer for one last weekend, sit back and enjoy a nice glass or two of Sangria.