Christmas Bevvy of the Week – Christmas Drinks
Christmas is just upon us now, so with that in mind I’ve selected are a few Christmas drinks that will take no time at all to put together. And will certainly get you and your guests in the festive mood. For more bevvy inspiration visit The Life of Stuff ‘Bevvy of the Week‘.
Patrick’s Top Christmas Drinks with Recipes
- Kir Royal Sparkling Cocktail
- Whiskey Sour
- Bucks Fizz
- Chocolate Cream
1. Kir Royal Sparkling Cocktail
- Just add some Cream de Cassis into a Champagne flute.
- Top up with a nice chilled Champagne.
Cassis is a blackcurrant Liqueur, but if blackcurrant isn’t you thing a strawberry liqueur works very well too.
2. Whiskey Sour
- 30ml of lemon juice
- One spoonful of sugar
- Tablespoon of sparkling water – to help dissolve the sugar
- Then add 40ml of whiskey
- Handful of ice
- Stir well, strain and serve
3. Bucks Fizz
This is a real crowd pleaser and so simple to put together. All you need to make Bucks Fizz is sparkling wine and orange juice. I like to use Prosecco but any sparkling stuff will do. Fill your glass with your sparkling wine of choice and top up with OJ. Simple!
This is an old favourite. All you need is a bottle of Advocaat and white lemonade. Mix half and half, add a bit of ice and that’s it.
5. Chocolate Cream
Pour out a nice glass of Irish cream. Top up with milk and sprinkle on some chocolate powder and since it is Christmas you could even sprinkle a little cinnamon over the top too.
Alcoholic Drinks that is. Beers, wines and spirits. And sometimes cocktails too. He's quite the expert really. With tons of academic and professional experience in the Drinks Industry in Ireland. Nowadays drink talk is a hobby, and he likes to share his knowledge here on The Life of Stuff. And that's why we love his Bevvy of the Week recommendations.
- Bevvy of the Week – Trouble Brewing, Park Life - September 7, 2020
- Bevvy of the Week – Irish Cider – Longueville House Cider - August 18, 2020
- Bevvy of the Week – Celebrate World Gin Day with Irish Gin - June 12, 2020