Pimm’s No. 1
As the days are getting longer and warmer, this week I’m going to recommend a great drink that is ideal for sitting out in the back garden with a few friends. Pimm’s No 1.
This drink is a gin based liqueur and looks like dark tea. It has wonderful flavours of spice and citrus and can be enjoyed with ice alone. But as the summer creeps in you can try something different, like this fruity punch style recipe.
Fruity Pimm’s No. 1 Recipe
- Pour your Pimm’s No. 1 into a large glass jug.
- Add some lemonade and stir.
- Then add apples, cucumber, oranges, lemons and strawberries.
- Last of all add ice.
- Stir it all around.
- Now that you have a great drink.
- All you now need is a little sun to help you enjoy it even more.
For more on Pimm’s No. I visit their website here. A 70cl bottle in Ireland should cost between €22-24.
More more bevvy inspiration visit The Life of Stuff ‘Bevvy of the Week’ page here.
*this post was originally published on May 1st 2013 but has since been updated with new RRP, images and links.
- Bevvy of the Week – Trouble Brewing, Park Life - September 7, 2020
- Bevvy of the Week – Irish Cider – Longueville House Cider - August 18, 2020
- Bevvy of the Week – Celebrate World Gin Day with Irish Gin - June 12, 2020