Pimm’s No. 1
As the days are getting longer and warmer, this week I’m going to recommend a great drink that is ideal for sitting out in the back garden with a few friends. Pimm’s No 1.
This drink is a gin based liqueur and looks like dark tea. It has wonderful flavours of spice and citrus and can be enjoyed with ice alone. But as the summer creeps in you can try something different, like this fruity punch style recipe.
Fruity Pimm’s No. 1 Recipe
- Pour your Pimm’s No. 1 into a large glass jug.
- Add some lemonade and stir.
- Then add apples, cucumber, oranges, lemons and strawberries.
- Last of all add ice.
- Stir it all around.
- Now that you have a great drink.
- All you now need is a little sun to help you enjoy it even more.
For more on Pimm’s No. I visit their website here. A 70cl bottle in Ireland should cost between €22-24.
More more bevvy inspiration visit The Life of Stuff ‘Bevvy of the Week’ page here.
*this post was originally published on May 1st 2013 but has since been updated with new RRP, images and links.
Alcoholic Drinks that is. Beers, wines and spirits. And sometimes cocktails too. He's quite the expert really. With tons of academic and professional experience in the Drinks Industry in Ireland. Nowadays drink talk is a hobby, and he likes to share his knowledge here on The Life of Stuff. And that's why we love his Bevvy of the Week recommendations.
Latest posts by Patrick (see all)
- Bevvy of the Week – Powers Hot Whiskey - October 23, 2019
- Bevvy of the Week – Pinot Noir - August 15, 2019
- Bevvy of the Week – New Zealand, Old Mout Cider, Kiwi & Lime - July 26, 2019