Conor McPherson’s Award-Winning “The Weir” at the Gaiety Theatre
Decadent Theatre Company & Verdant Productions in association with The Gaiety Theatre present “THE WEIR” by Conor McPherson from February 20th to March 4th 2017.
**** “Perfectly measured.” IRISH EXAMINER
**** “This is a first rate production of a play that reaches powerfully into the understated drama of ordinary lives.” THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
“The Weir takes the audience to an otherworldly dimension.” – SUNDAY BUSINESS POST
Starring Gary Lydon (Brooklyn, Borstal Boy, The Pillowman), Janet Moran (Plough and the Stars, LOVE/HATE), Patrick Ryan (Red Rock) Garrett Keogh (A Skull in Connemara, The Clinic, Veronica Guerin) and Frankie McCafferty (Vikings, Trial of the Century, In the Name of the Father), this star-studded cast and award-winning play will keep you in your seat, or possibly on the edge of your seat for its duration.
Brought to you by an award-winning creative team directed by Andrew Flynn (The Pillowman), with set design by Owen MacCarthaigh, sound design by Carl Kennedy and costume design Petra Breathnach, prepare to be transported to Brendan’s Pub in an isolated Leitrim town. A pub like so many of its kind where the local men gather for their daily pint. That is until a beautiful woman arrives, a stranger to the town. With her arrival comes the opportunity to impress, and so stories are spun of souls past and present. However one story is “more chilling, more sinister and more real than any of them could have foreseen.”
Did you know?
- On its premiere in 1997, The Weir won the Evening Standard, Critics’ Circle, George Devine and Olivier award for Best New Play.
- Ardal O’Hanlon A.K.A Father Dougal was nominated in the 2014 Olivier Awards for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in The Weir.
- Brendan Coyle, known for his performances in Downton Abbey, won the Olivier Award for Best Performance in a Supporting Role for The Weir in 1999.
The Weir at The Gaiety Theatre
20th February to Saturday 4th March 2017
Tickets are available from gaietytheatre.ie from €24.50
Win One Pair of Tickets to Opening Night!
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
For your chance of winning a pair of tickets to The Weir on Opening Night, Monday February 20th at 7.30pm, enter in the comment box below along with your name the answer to the following question:
Who wrote the Award-Winning Play The Weir?
a) Conor McPherson
b) Conor McGregor
c) Conor MacNeill
This Giveaway will close on Sunday February 19th at 12am. Good Luck!
- 10 Recipes to Make with Your Windowsill Indoor Herbs - April 4, 2020
- Beautiful Irish Gardens – Altamont Gardens in Tullow, Carlow - April 2, 2020
- How to Remove Shellac Nail Polish at Home - March 25, 2020