YOU ARE NOT ALONE for PIETA HOUSE
Today the Artists of Future Hope: Ryan O’Shaughnessy, Mary Byrne, Dublin Gospel Choir, Heroes in Hiding, TAKEN, Flynn Johnson, Brian Keville, Andrew Mann, Ashlee & Rob, Scanlon, Two in Tune, Seán McComish, Ben Lynch released their version of Michael Jackson’s ‘You are not alone‘ in aid of Pieta House.
The aim of this post is to help create awareness for both the release of this single so that it will raise vital funds for Pieta House, and to also share some information on this very important charity and the effective services it provides for the people of Ireland.
This isn’t the first time I’ve talked about Pieta House here on The Life of Stuff, last year I posted about Neon Atlas’ ‘Somewhere’ charity single. Then earlier this year, in May, I partook in Darkness into Light, again to both raise awareness and raise funds for the charity.
Pieta House are a brilliant charity and here are some facts you should know:
- Pieta House is a centre for the prevention of self-harm or suicide.
- It opened it’s doors in Lucan, Co. Dublin 10 years ago in 2006.
- Since its staff has helped approximately 28,000 people in suicidal distress or contemplating or engaging in self harm.
- The centre has also spread its wings and opened up eight more centres, in Ballyfermot, Tallaght, Finglas, Limerick, Cork, Tipperary, Galway and Kerry.
- Pieta House has treated nearly 5,000 people every year for the last three years.
- It offers suicide bereavement counselling and operates a free 24-hour suicide helpline.
- Around 15% of Pieta House’s annual income comes from statutory grants.
- The other 85% of the funds needed to afford Pieta House to carry out the work it does is raised through charity events, initiatives, donations and fundraisers.
- Charity Events include “Darkness into Light”, initiatives include the release of charity singles such as “You Are Not Alone”. Donations and fundraisers are given and organised by members of the public who want to help make a difference.
- This charity needs your help to fund their vital services to help prevent suicide in Ireland.
Here is the video for You Are Not Alone by Future Hope. All proceeds from sales will go to Pieta House.
To donate directly visit pieta.ie/donate
You can contact Pieta House FREE any hour of the day by phoning 1800 247 247. Or you can text HELP to 51444.
Don’t Forget ↓
- Five Fabulous Reasons to Visit Belfast City - October 10, 2021
- Roasted Cinnamon and Chilli Pumpkin Seeds Recipe - October 10, 2021
- The Ultimate Guide to Brilliant Binge-Worthy TV Shows - October 10, 2021