Select Sessions at 4 Dame Lane, Dublin
There is no doubt in my mind that Dublin is one of the best cities in the world for its live music sessions. Pick any night of the week and make your way to a number of pubs, venues and even the streets around the city for a good ol’ dose of the shtuff. Barely known to well-known bands, singer-songwriters and DJ’s can be witnessed in person and you don’t need to be blinging it with cash either to get involved as most sessions range from no entry fees to small cover charges.
The newest of these sessions to hit Dublin is Select Sessions. It will take place every fortnight (that’s two weeks folks) at the well-known 4 Dame Lane in Dublin 2 and it plans on offering its patrons much more than the average music session.
How so I hear you ask … well …
- Each session will be audio recorded, which you’ll be part of if you are there, and will be made available for download for a small fee.
- Audience members will also be treated to Q&A time with some of the best Irish and International musicians before they play. So the note to oneself is to keep an eye on the Select Sessions website for the musicians who tickle your eardrums. These Q&A’s will also be available for download and will be free.
- Every session will be hosted by a special Guest Host.
- Every session will vary, some will be Free Entry others will have a small cover charge normally no more than €5.00.
- Every month two charities will be nominated and will receive a portion of the revenue made from the downloads, nice.
This Thursday, August 14th marks the launch of Select Sessions into session-dom and with a cracking line-up of bands to kick it off, it is sure to be a great introduction to live music lovers. The brilliant Youth Mass, who I’ve mentioned on the blog before here, will be both Q&Aing and performing on the night. They’ll be supported by the very cool No Bread and JJ Jupiter and the night will be guest hosted by Presenter & Broadcaster Robbie Kane. This Launch night is FREE ENTRY, with a free beer or cocktail and free nibbles for the first 30 people! For everyone else there will be drinks promotions and nibbles for soakage so it’s all good.
The following Select Session on Thursday, August 28th will be a Girl’s Night Out as Eleanor McEvoy headlines with the support of Mongoose and Fiona Maria Fitzpatrick & The Darling Buds of, so mark that in your calender if you’re into it.
For more information on Select Sessions visit their website here www.selectsessions.com where you’ll find links to connect with them on Facebook and Twitter. If you are a musician or band and would like to get involved there is also an online application form on their website too.
Don’t Forget ↓
- Duncannon Beach, A Family-Friendly Drive-On Beach in Wexford - June 24, 2021
- Beauty Fix – Maison Margiela Paris – REPLICA Springtime in a Park - June 24, 2021
- A Family Day Out at The Kildare Maze, Naas, Co. Kildare - June 16, 2021