Christmas on Merrion Square, November 30th 2013
‘Tis the season to be jolly and this Saturday, November 30th, the people of Merrion Square will be just that as they come together to open their doors for one day only for a Christmas Festival of Retail and Cultural events.
Christmas on the Square is organised by a network of volunteers who want to promote the enjoyment of Merrion Square by making it the ‘go to’ Cultural Tourism destination in Dublin and this Saturday you will be able to witness their hard work and might I add, team work, in working to achieve this.
Throughout the day you will be treated to Irish Design, Irish Music, Irish Artisan Food & Drink and Demonstrations but to make it easy for you, I have listed some of what you should try pack into your day!
Get behind the Georgian doors of the beautiful Historic houses of Merrion Square inclusive of;
- The bookshop at the RIAI (Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland)
- The music shop at the Irish Traditional Music Archive, No. 73.
- The IAA (Irish Architectural Archive), No. 45, where you will be able to choose the perfect Irish Designed and Made Christmas gift from 22 of the best new Irish Designers and Craft Designers.
- The College of Anaesthetists where you will be able to stock up on tasty Irish Artisan Christmas treats.
- The Royal Society of Antiquarians where you will have to opportunity to have a good ol’ sit down at the Coppa Pop-Up Café and enjoy a Coppa coffee.
- The Goethe Insitut who will be showing off their Christmas flair.
- The University of Notre Dame which is O’Connell House, No. 58, the home of Daniel O’Connell – that speaks for itself.
You may also want to visit the restored Georgian Garden at No.63, the RSAI, or walk off those tasty treats by taking a walk around the park itself, although I doubt you’ll walk all 12 acres!
Throughout the day there will be Music and Christmas demonstrations and events. Here is an idea of what to expect, times they are happening at or there abouts … so take note of them and fill your day!
- At No 45 – The IAA Appassionata Flowers will be giving the following festive demonstrations:
- 10.30am – Dress your Door – where you will be shown two different styles of door wreaths to inspire you to make your own door the best dressed on the street.
- 12.30pm – Deck the Halls – Everyone needs to dress their hall to welcome those festive guests and here you will be shown an easy way to deck the hall and fill your home.
- 2.00pm – Decorate your Table – It is all about natural decadence this Christmas and here you will be shown how to create delicious table centres to dress that festive table.
- The Hennessy Mixologist
- Hennessy will have their expert Mixologist on hand to show you how to make wonderful winter warming cocktails, perfect for the Christmas season.
- You will learn tips and tricks to impress your guests this holiday time. This is an opportunity I won’t be missing!
- Throughout the afternoon there will be music from the Tonnta Choir at the various venues and Traditional Music at the ITMA, No. 73 and the RSAI, No. 63
- At No 8 the RIAI, a highlight of the day:
- 3.00pm – In the footsteps of Speranza, Oscar’s Mother, Lady Wilde, the Merrion Square Network will be holding a Wildean Salon – this will be hosted by City Intersections and based on the theme of The Spirit of Christmas in Dublin.
The Networks ambassadors will be on hand to direct and help visitors to the Square during the day, and entry is FREE to all events.
You may want to visit the Merrion Square website www.merrionsquare.ie
… You can find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MerrionSquareDublin
… or on Twitter at twitter.com/MerrionSqDub – be sure to use the hashtag #merrionsqchristmas
So is that jam packed enough for you?
They say ‘Be there or be Square’ … I say ‘Be there, at the Square‘ … Enjoy!
Don’t Forget ↓
- The Food & Drink Series – with Food Photographer & Stylist Shilpa Razniewska - January 19, 2021
- The Ultimate Guide to Brilliant Binge-Worthy TV Shows - January 18, 2021
- Happy Christmas 2020 from The Life of Stuff - December 21, 2020