A Star-Studded cast in ‘The Stories of Hans Christian Andersen’ Touring Online at Venues Nationwide
Verdant Productions presents a new production of The Stories of Hans Christian Andersen in a digital online presentation at venues nationwide.
A magical show for all the family to enjoy together during the festive season. Adapted by Donal Shiels & Debbie Kiernan. Featuring Brian Gilligan (The Commitments, The Lion King, Once The Musical), Rachel O’Connell (The Young Offenders, Eclipsed), Daithi O’Donnell (Ros na Rún) and Kelly-Marie Ní Cheallaigh (Copper Face Jacks The Musical). The Stories of Hans Christian Andersen will feature classic stories and songs such as Thumbelina, The Emperor’s New Clothes, The Ugly Duckling, The Little Mermaid.
We spoke with Brian Gilligan about the production:
To be working in theatre during this time, I’m so fortunate. There’s no other words to describe it really. The industry has suffered a massive blow, and what I find the most baffling and yet the most inspiring is that artists/industry professionals are the most willing to adapt and progress in any way they can by any means necessary. Being a part of Hans Christian Andersen with an exceptional team of people has proven that the arts won’t lie down and lick its wounds. It’ll come back fighting and better than it has been.”
“Hans Christian Andersen was the greatest storyteller in the world and his stories have lived long in children’s hearts and minds. The 1952 film starring Danny Kaye was nominated for six Oscars and was one of the formative MGM technicolour movie classics. It left an impression on all our minds for generations thereafter. In this production, we reimagine his stories through enchanting new digital imagery, featuring well known songs like the Oscar nominated song Thumbelina as well as The Emperor’s New Clothes, The Ugly Duckling, The Little Mermaid.” Verdant Productions
The Stories of Hans Christian Andersen Schedule
Opening at Draiocht, Blanchardstown from Tuesday December 22nd, and touring online at venues nationwide from December 22nd to January 9th. See the full schedule here:
- Draiocht, Blanchardstown– December 22nd to January 5th.
- Wexford Arts Centre– December 22nd to January 9th.
- Visual Carlow– December 22nd,23rd,30th,31st and January 2nd,3rd and 5th.
- The Mill Theatre, Dundrum – December 27th-29th and January 1st-3rd.
- Siamsa Tire, Tralee– December 23rd to January 9th.
- Watergate Theatre, Kilkenny – December 22nd to January 3rd.
- Riverbank Arts Centre, Newbridge– January 4th – 8th.
- Town Hall Theatre, Galway – Saturday January 9th.
Directed & Choreographed by Debbie Kiernan. Set Design Vincent Bell. Costume Design by Nicola Burke. Lighting Design by Eamon Fox. Music by Ross O’Connor. This production has been grant aided by the ‘Live Entertainment Fund’ from The Department of Tourism, Arts, Culture. Sport & The Gaeltacht
For more on Culture & Music visit here.
- 5 Simple Ways To Improve the Quality of Your Life - March 4, 2021
- Mother’s Day Gift Ideas, 7 Gifts Your Mum Might Actually Want! - March 2, 2021
- Irish Art: Questions and Answers with Photographer Anne-Sophie Gigan - February 12, 2021