The Liebster Award
Google ‘Liebster Award‘ and try and find its definition or origin and I’ll give you a tenner if you can find out anything other than the following;
- Liebster means in German ‘sweetheart, beloved person or darling’.
- It’s an award that is passed from bloggers to bloggers they appreciate.
- There’s no bloody trophy!
So I might be sounding a little ungrateful but believe me I’m not! I was actually quite chuffed that The Life of Stuff was considered for such an award. I must admit that I was a little fumbly when I read the rules and realised that I’d have to answer questions about myself (I normally only share what I wish to share). I did consider getting Patrick our lovely Drinks Blogger involved but after scanning over them I put my reservations aside, relaxed, felt a little more chuffed and smiled.
So what are the rules to receiving a Liebster Award?
1. Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
4. Write 11 questions for your nominees.
5. Present/nominate a Liebster blog award to 3-5 other bloggers.
And so without further ado …
1. Thank you Sandra from Random Thoughts From Dublin for Liebstering me … you’re too kind 🙂
2. Eleven Random Facts about me:
- When I was really young I used to bury snail shells in the garden – sort of like a snail graveyard.
- I had a four year honours degree as I turned 21.
- I can stretch my toes out and make a ‘gorilla foot’.
- I won all four Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles figures in a colouring competition.
- As a teenager I had a crush on Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam.
- As a child a took up the recorder, violin, guitar, piano, keyboard and accordion. I play none but I sing.
- I’ve skydived.
- I’ve eaten grasshoppers and silkworms.
- I love the film The Crow and have watched it a ridiculous amount of times.
- I was proposed to up the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
- I’m the eldest of four children.
3. Answer Eleven Questions:
1. Q: What’s the one place you must visit before you die? A: The Ends of the Earth.
2. Q: If you could live without music or books, what would it be? A: Books
3. Q: Why did you start blogging and what do you love about it most? A: I started to blog and set up The Life of Stuff because it was a way to keep me sane while I was ‘in between jobs’. I’ve kept it up because it is a hobby that I truly love. I love to share my words, my ideas, my thoughts. I love to be involved in what Ireland has to offer and I love to learn and explore. There are so many avenues The Life of Stuff has yet to take.
4. Q: What’s your best childhood memory? A: I think it must be the memories of the simple things like getting up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday and dragging the duvet, boxes of cereal, bowls, spoons and milk to watch cartoons. Or making up and telling stories at night time to my little brothers and sister. On a bigger scale it would be my surprise Tenth Birthday party where nearly every child from my class was invited and my mum had a dinner menu to choose from (wonder woman or what!) and we all played for hours.
5. Q: Where’s your favourite holiday destination? A: I’ve travelled quite extensively so it’s hard to choose one but I have very fond memories of Goa in India.
6. Q: What do you love most about your husband/wife/ fiancé(e)? A: Everything.
7. Q: What’s your shoe size? A: Depending on the shoe 5.5 but mostly a 6.
8. Q: Pepsi or Coke? A: Too controversial to answer.
9. Q: Who are your five dream dinner guests (alive or dead) and what would you cook them? A: Jim Morrison, Marylin Monroe, Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix and I’d have a BBQ.
10. Q: Where was your honeymoon, or where is it going to be? A: It will be the South of France.
11. Q: What is your favourite season? A: Sometimes it depends on what season I’m in but it’s mostly summer.
4. Write Eleven Questions for your Nominees:
- What time of the day do you blog most?
- What’s the most disgusting thing you’ve ever eaten?
- Where can you see yourself living when you retire?
- What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
- Name a pet peeve about your partner?
- What’s your favourite ice-cream?
- What song do you probably know all the words to?
- How old were you when you had your first kiss?
- Where would you like to go on holidays?
- What’s the smelliest thing you’ve ever smelt?
- Panda Dog … right or wrong?