‘July please, I’m on my knees, The smell of your fresh cut grass, Your blue sky grins, For all its sins …‘ Mundy 2002. Here’s a fun fact about moi. Every July since we got together in July 2003, and saw Mundy play this song at Witness at the Punchestown Racecourse in Kildare, my husband has sung this song to me. It’s now July 2019, so that’s 16 years folks. And I never tire of it.
And while we’re talking about classics – Golden Discs are releasing two compilation albums on Friday July 5th. Rock ‘n’ Roll Classics and Soul Classics. This will be Golden Disc’s first toe dip into the world of record production. The album series which is called ‘Golden Discs Presents…’ are pressed on 180gm heavyweight red vinyl, pressed at Dublin Vinyl in Glasnevin and are limited to 300 hand-numbered copies each.
And as we’re talking about recording. Think of yourself as the next big recording star? Well you might be interested in this – The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Ireland returns to Ireland with K-POP World Festival Ireland this July 2019. Taking place in The Helix, DCU on Thursday July 4th, they’re hosting a K-POP extravaganza from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, doors open at 5:30pm. And an ‘After Party’ with KPOP DJ Seoul Train from 8:00pm to 10:00pm. What’s more, the winners of the KPOP World Festival Ireland competition will have the chance of going to the World KPOP Finals in Changwon, Korea in October 2019! To book your tickets visit eventbrite here.
The Best Festivals and Events in Dublin this July 2019
- Photo Ireland Festival | Various Locations | May 1st – July 31st | photoireland.org
- Perfection | Science Gallery Dublin | June 21st – Oct 6th | sciencegallery.com
- Trinity Summer Series | Trinity College Dublin | July 1st – July 7th | mcd.ie
- Wood Quay Summer Sessions | Wood Quay | July 4th – July 25th | dublincity.ie
- Irish Youth Dance Festival | Pavilion Theatre | July 5th | dublinyouthdance.com
- Longitude | Marlay Park | July 5th – July 7th | longitude.ie
- Howth TradFest | Howth | July 5th – July 7th | facebook.com/HowthTradFest
- Volvo Dún Laoghaire Regatta | Dún Laoghaire | July 11th – July 14th | dlregatta.org
- Laya Healthcare City Spectacular | Merrion Sq | July 12th – 14th | cityspectacular
- The Italian Fusion Festival | BelloBar, Portobello | July 13th | italianfusionfestival
- Fidelity Beer Festival | Mansion House | July 13th | whiplashbeer.com
- Garden Party | The Séamus Ennis Arts Centre | July 13th – Aug 24th | tseac.ie
- The Festival of Curiosity | Various Locations | July 18th – 21st | festivalofcuriosity.ie
- Dublin Maker | Merrion Square | July 20th | dublinmaker.ie
- Bauhaus 100: The Print Portfolios | July 20th-Dec 1st | nationalgallery.ie
- IFI Family Festival | IFI Temple Bar | July 26th -July 28th | ifi.ie/familyfest
- Malahide Has It Festival | Malahide | July 26th – July 28th | facebook.com/Malahide
- Kim Gordon – She bites her tender mind | IMMA | July 27th – Nov 10th | imma.ie
She's a mother, wife, dog and home owner, travel writer, creative, design and imagery driven, art and music lovin', sustainable living, coffee drinking Irish woman.
Latest posts by Edwina O'Connor (see all)
- Listen of the Week – Madvillain, Madvillainy (2004) - July 7, 2019
- What’s On: Festivals this July 2019 on the Island of Ireland - July 2, 2019
- What’s On – Things to Do in Dublin this July 2019 - July 1, 2019