Festival season really has begun and Dublin is leading the country for the month of June. From film to food to family-friendly, there’s a festival in June 2019 across Dublin, city and county to tickle tastebuds and get toes a-tapping. This month, as with every June also celebrates Bloomsday. And here to help get you in the James Joyce mood is “20 Ulysses Quotes by James Joyce to Awaken the Mind“.
But before I list my festival picks for this month of June 2019. There are two events to shine lights upon. The first is the Guinness X LCD Soundsystem Exhibition at the Guinness Open Gate Brewery. Kicking off, literally, with a launch night on June 1st that includes a DJ set by Pat Mahoney of LCD Soundsystem. (tickets are €25, limited and on a first-come first-served basis). The exhibition includes never seen before photographs and artworks of LCD. Created by official Photographer to the band, Ruvan Wijesooriya, and Artist Joe Henry. The exhibition will be on display at Guinness Open Gate Brewery during its opening hours. Which are Thursday and Friday from 5:30p.m. to 10:30p.m. and Saturdays from 2.00p.m. to 8.00p.m. The exhibition runs until June 22nd. Tickets are €9 each and include a tasting paddle.
The second highlight is the VHI Women’s Mini Marathon, taking place in the city on June 2nd. I’ve been there and done that, but it was too long ago so I’ll get training and join in the fun next year. For now if you’d like to show your support, become a spectator, or even better – a donator! For more information visit: the website of the ‘biggest all women’s event of its kind in the world’.
It’s ALL about FESTIVALS in Dublin this June
This month’s What’s On in Dublin post is structured a little different than usual. Because this month is so festival-tastic, this post is all about festivals! From the city to the county. Chronologically filed for easy reference.
- Cinemagic Film Festival | Odeon Point Sq | May 13th – June 9th | cinemagic
- Bloom | Phoenix Park | May 30th – June 3rd | bloominthepark.com
- Trans-Fusion Trans Arts Festival | ChQ & Various | May 31st – June 8th | teni.ie
- Forbidden Fruit Festival | Kilmainham | June 4th – June 5th | forbiddenfruit.ie
- UCD Festival | UCD Campus | June 8th | festival.ucd.ie
- Dublin Kite Festival | North Bull Island Clontarf | June 9th | dublinkitefestival.ie
- Bloomsday Festival | Various Venues | June 11th – June 16th | bloomsdayfestival.ie
- Dalkey Book Festival | Various Venues | June 13th – June 16th | dalkeybookfestival
- Korean Film Festival | Light House Cinema | June 13th – June 15th | eventbrite.ie
- Right Here Right Now Festival of Children | The Ark | June 13th – June 15th | ark.ie
- Taste of Dublin | Iveagh Gardens | June 13th – June 16th | dublin.tastefestivals.com
- Dublin Pride Festival | Various Venues | June 20th – June 30th | dublinpride.ie
- Stoneybatter Festival | Various Venues | June 21st – 23rd | stoneybatterfestival.ie
- Skerries Midsummer Festival | Various Venues | June 21st – 23rd | visitskerries.ie
- Tallafest | Tallaght Village | June 22nd | tallafest.ie
- Dundrum Festival | Various Venues | June 23rd – June 30th | dundrumfestival.ie
- Flavours of South Dublin Food Festival | Rathfarnham | June 23rd | artisanevents.ie
- Galway Comedy Festival 2021 – 5 Radiant Reasons to Go - September 16, 2021
- Jenkinstown Wood, Kilkenny – Whimsical Walks and Wonderment - September 12, 2021
- Sustainable Living – 6 Essential Hacks for a Clean Healthy Home - September 3, 2021