Delicious Parsley and Walnut Pesto
Pesto is a thing in our household. We all love it, on pasta, as a dip, on toasted sandwiches and pizza. And the best thing is that it’s so easy, and much tastier if you make it yourself. This parsley and walnut pesto recipe isn’t vegetarian as I used parmesan cheese. But you can subsidise it with a hard vegetarian or vegan cheese or nutritional yeast like this one: Vegan Basil Pesto Recipe using Nutritional Yeast.
I grow my own parsley, and garlic and so the only main ingredients I have to buy are the walnuts and cheese. But with a couple of tweaks like foraging for walnuts when they’re season, and using locally produced hard vegan cheese – this parsley pesto can be sustainable living hit!
Think of basil pesto for summer time and parsley pesto for winter … give it a try – you might want to eat it all year round!
The Parsley and Walnut Pesto Recipe
- 50g of fresh parsley
- 100g walnuts
- 150ml of olive oil
- One large garlic clove
- 80-100g of parmesan
- Good pinch of sea salt
- Good pinch of ground black pepper
- Drizzle of lemon juice *optional
Get all your ingredients ready;
- Wash and weigh the parsley
- Weigh the walnuts
- Grate and weigh the parmesan cheese
- Measure the olive oil
- Roughly chop the garlic clove
- To a food processor, add the walnuts and garlic and process.
- Next add the cheese and process.
- Then add the parsley and process some more.
- Trickle in the olive oil as the processor runs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and the *optional lemon juice if you like.
- Store your parsley and walnut pesto in an airtight jar and refrigerate. It should last about a week.
- Or you can freeze it in an airtight container and it’ll last 6-12 months.
For more simple recipes visit: The Life of Stuff Recipe Page
- A Luxury Family Stay at Four-Star The Harbour Hotel Galway - July 25, 2021
- Beauty Fix – Urban Decay Naked Wild West Eyeshadow Palette - July 1, 2021
- Family Bathroom Renovation – My Fantastic Forest Bathroom – Before & After - July 1, 2021