Signs You’re Not As Healthy As You Think You Are
Health is something that we all take for granted until it’s in danger. It’s like when you have a cold: when your nose is blocked, you have regrets about not appreciating your ability to breathe clearly. When you don’t pay attention to your health, it’s going to creep up on you and bite you in the behind, but you won’t know it until you face it. The chances that you are 100% on top of your health are very low, and there are so many things that will tell you that you’re not as healthy as you think you are.
Your body is smart. When you are sick, it’ll tell you. From sending you for UTI pain relief from the doctor when you feel something is wrong down below, to telling you when you need to see a therapist to talk things out. Your body is going to tell you when you aren’t unhealthy but it’s only going to be noticeable if you listen to it. If you’re not sure how to look for the signs of your health deteriorating, here are ‘5 Signs You’re Not As Healthy As You Think You Are’. And remember if ailments persist don’t ignore them and get professional advice from your GP.
Further Reading: 3 Easy Ways To Boost and Improve Your Mental Health
5 Signs You’re Not As Healthy As You Think You Are
- You’re Snoring – Badly. You know snoring is bad when people tell you but it’s even worse when you wake up because of it. Snoring is going to keep your brain and body awake through the night and this interrupts your sleep cycles. When this happens, you’re going to feel more tired, more run down and more susceptible to illness.
- Your Skin Is Breaking Out. Spots are something we all get from time to time, and while you can manage them, you will likely see them crop up when your body is responding to bacteria and a low immune system. If you’re near your period, for example, your hormones go a little nuts and break out the skin. Acne can be caused by genetics and bacteria, so get to know the root cause and then figure out the fix, too.
- Your Eyes Are A Little Yellow. Did you know that the whites of your eyes reveal your health? When they turn yellow, you could be dealing with issues in your gallbladder, liver, bile ducts and pancreas. Of course, if your eyes are red that’s another sign of poor health. Eye drops won’t always be the help here, either, so you need to think about speaking to your doctor as soon as possible as soon as you see any changes.
- Your Nail Texture And Colour Have Changed. When was the last time you got a mani-pedi? The shape of your nails can show off how healthy you are (or not) and if yours have ridges or have become flaky, then you could be deficient in something. Smoking can change the color of your nails, too, so cut back!
- You’re Tired. There’s tired and then there’s tired. If you are dealing with exhaustion to your bones, then the best thing that you can do is start looking at how you could be burning out. The more you recognize your symptoms, the better!
Further Reading: 4 Top-Notch Tips for Maintaining Healthy Hair
Photos by Zoe – CCO Licence
PIN: 5 Signs You’re Not As Healthy As You Think You Are