Free-From Shampoos And Conditioners for Nourished Hair
Free-from this and free-from that, with added botanicals, extra vitamins, and the petals of a rose that only blooms once every ten years. Sure you’d be driven a bit mad trying to keep up with what shampoo you should and shouldn’t be washing your hair with these days. Or if you should be even washing it with shampoo at all … and yes this ‘no shampoo’ method is a thing, especially for those of us blessed with the curls of Aphrodite.
However with saying all this, my biggest tip and the one thing you should look out for is the lack of nasties in the shampoos and conditioners you use. Stuff like parabens, sulphates and silicones. And you should always check the products you use are cruelty-free, that goes without saying really. But why sulphate and silicone free? Well here’s a handful of reasons:
5 Reasons to Use Free-From Shampoos And Conditioners
- Sulfate-free and silicone-free shampoo maintains the natural oils on the scalp and hair, meaning softer more conditioned hair.
- More natural oils also means ‘reduced frizz’. Great news for those with dry hair or curly hair – which can be naturally dry and frizz-prone.
- Most free-from shampoos and conditioners don’t lather as much – another plus for those with dry or naturally curly hair.
- Sulphate-free shampoo can help reduce scalp irritation. It can also help reduce irritation around the hairline and neck.
- If you wash your hair every day, free-from shampoos and conditioners should help keep it conditioned as it doesn’t strip the natural oils away, and silicone-free products don’t allow a build-up of residue.
As with most things in life, you need to experience it yourself to make you mind up. But to give you a helping hand here are ‘5 Super Free-From Shampoos And Conditioners’ to either expand your nastie free journey or start you on one.
Disclaimer: some of the below products were received as press samples.
1 – OGX
OGX recently unveiled their new upgraded OGX collection of shampoos and conditioners that are not only sulphate-free but now pH balanced. Add to these qualities, their products are packed with precious oils and ingredients that they state will not only leave your hair smelling fantastic but will most importantly help you put the ‘care’ back into your ‘hair care’ routine by nurturing your hair and scalp without stripping it.
Connect with OGX on Instagram with #WhatHairWants @ogxbeautyuk
Featured OGX Products:
- OGX Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil Shampoo and Conditioner – formula is pH balanced, sulphate-free, packed with keratin proteins and Argan oil. Perfect for those with dry hair or fly-away hair, and for limiting damage caused by brushing and styling.
- OGX Clarify + Shine Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo – a sulphate-free, fresh and fruity shampoo with a formula that includes apple cider vinegar. Perfect for those with oily hair who want to remove built-up residues but also shiny, healthy hair.
- OGX Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo and Conditioner – formula is pH balanced, sulphate-free, to help strengthen hair, and add more shine and less frizz.
2 – Garnier Ultimate Blends
Garnier Ultimate Blends collection of shampoos, conditioners and hair masks have so much going for them when it comes to sustainability – in fact they’re ‘committed to green beauty’. Blended from nature, the collection ranges from watermelon to papaya. Their natural ingredients range from 96 – 98% and they’re 100% vegan. Dermatologically tested, silicone-free, and presented in recycled bottles or recyclable packaging, these plant oiled packed hair products have free-from shampoos and conditioners to suit every hair type – from fine hair to damaged hair.
Connect with Garnier on Instagram with #leapingbunny @garnieruk
Featured Garnier Ultimate Blends Products:
- Garnier Ultimate Blends Plumping Hair Food Watermelon & Pomegranate Shampoo and Conditioner – 96% natural ingredients, silicone-free, cleansing and detangling, plumping, fast rinsing and no weigh down. Perfect for fine hair.
- Garnier Ultimate Blends 3-in-1 Hair Mask in Plumping Hair Food Watermelon & Pomegranate for fine hair, Repairing Hair Food Papaya & Amla for damaged hair and Moisturising Hair Food Aloe Vera & Coconut for normal hair. All made from 100% vegan ingredients that range from 97-98% natural – all with a 98% biodegradable formula. Dermatologically tested and of course silicone-free. And a great perk is that the formula is so adaptable it can be used three ways – as a conditioner, as a mask or as a leave-in!
3 – Phyto Paris
Did you know that internationally renowned natural hair care brand Phyto was created by Patrick Ales, the inventor of the ‘blow dry’! And with 50 years experience in the hair industry, plant-based Phyto was the first all-natural hair care brand! Well now you do! Phyto offers a full range to get your hair looking its best. From a range of supplements to shampoos, hydrators and treatments, they believe their ‘super-charged’ botanical formulas and ingredients offer solutions to nurture every hair type and texture be it dry, frizzy, weakened, fine or thinning. All the Phyto ‘Free-From Shampoos and Conditioners’ are paraben free, sulphate free, silicone free and mineral oil free.
Connect with Phyto on Instagram with #PHYTOParis @phytoirelanduk
Featured Phyto Products: left to right
- Phyto Phytojoba Moisturizing Mask – a rich, highly concentrated mask designed for deep hydration. A little of this Jojoba oil and mallow extract formula goes a long way. Vegan, sulfate-free, paraben-free, silicone-free and gluten-free.
- Phyto Phytophanère Fortifying Vitality Shampoo – enriched with Vitamins B5 and B6, Zinc, Gingko extract for energy and Cinchona extraction and rice bran extract for stimulation. This shampoo is mild enough to enjoy every day.
- Phyto Phytojoba Moisturizing Care Gel – formulated with ‘Hydra-Soin’ technology, Jojoba milk and mallow extraction, this gel forms a protective film on the surface of the hair, releasing active ingredients to keep it hydrated and nourished. Perfect for applying anytime of the day to keep hair moisturised and hydrated, especially good for dry ends.
- Phyto Phytophanère Dietary Supplement – packed with fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants to help support stronger, healthier hair, nails and skin.
4 – Color Wow
The Color Wow brand is the brainchild of a unique collaboration of hair care experts – award-winning Color Wow founder and CEO Gail Federici, their in-house chemist, Dr. Joe Cincotta, and the Color Wow Global Creative Director, and Celebrity Stylist, Chris Appleton. With over seventy major beauty awards, the Color Wow brand delivers. And the best part is that their award-winning products are formulated with ‘good 4 you’ ingredients without all the nasties, and very much free-from.
So that’s; no parabens, no sulphates, no silicones, no conditioning agents such as phthalates, no pearlising agents, plus they’re cruelty and gluten free.
Connect with Color Wow on Instagram @colorwowhair
Featured Color Wow Products:
- Color Wow Color Security Shampoo – 100% clean, this residue-free shampoo promises to leave nothing behind, meaning no to dull hair or blocking follicles ‘which can cause thinning or hair loss’. This free-from shampoo is Keratin-safe, extension-safe, and prevents colour fade. So that’s no sulphates, no silicones, no conditioning agents, cruelty-free and gluten-free.
- Color Wow Color Security Conditioner – like it’s shampoo partner this free-from conditioner is cruelty-free, sulphate-free, gluten-free and vegan. The non-greasy formula promises light hydration and easy detangling, so perfect for all hair types but especially for fine, thin or delicate hair.
5 – Aveeno Scalp Soothing Haircare
Aveeno is a hot favourite for soothing our skin, they’re experts of Skincare Science, having spent the last seventy years with Dermatologists perfecting the therapeutic power of natural ingredients. But did you know they can now sooth you from top to toe?
They understand that a healthy scalp is the ‘foundation of beautiful hair’. And so the Aveeno Scalp Soothing Haircare range promises to do just that – with a pH balance, sulphate-free formula that has been blended with Colloidal oat as the main ingredient and a careful selection of botanical ingredients that range from Oat Milk to Almond Oil – each of the free-from shampoos and conditioners will match your type of hair. So you can lightly hydrate with ‘Rose Water & Chamomile’ or protect your colour with ‘Blackberry & Quinoa’.
Connect with Aveeno on Instagram with #aveenohaircare @aveenouk
Featured Aveeno Scalp Soothing Haircare Products:
- Aveeno Scalp Soothing Haircare Daily Moisture Oat Milk Blend Shampoo and Conditioner – pH balanced and infused with Colloidal oat and Oat Milk so gentle enough to be used every day if needed, sulphate-free and clinically proven to soothe scalp. Perfect for those with dry/damaged hair or sensitive skin.
- Aveeno Scalp Soothing Haircare Frizz-Calming Almond Oil Blend Shampoo and Conditioner – pH balanced and infused with Colloidal oat and Almond Oil so again it’s gentle enough to be used daily without drying or irritating your scalp and hair. In fact this blend is perfect for those with unruly or frizzy-prone hair … basically it’ll help calm the frizz and for those of us with curls it’ll help calm and define them.
For more Health & Beauty articles visit: The Life of Stuff Health & Beauty
Feature photo via Canva – CCO Licence
PIN: Beauty Fix – 5 Super Free-From Shampoos And Conditioners
- How to Put a Personal Stamp on a New Home – in 9 Homely Ways - May 7, 2022
- The Top 4 Ways To Live A Sustainable Lifestyle - May 5, 2022
- 3 Simple Home Renovations You Can DIY For a BIG IMPACT - May 5, 2022