I remember going off dairy products about 10 years ago for health and diet reasons and the only non-dairy styled or soy based anything I could get my hands on was Alpro Milk. Their selection at the time wasn’t the may west over here in Ireland but we, and they, have come along way since and now you can get alpro milk, cream, yogurts and desserts in an assortment of flavours. All suitable for vegans, those who are lactose intolerant or simply for those who want to go dairy-free.
Alpro is a company with a vision; a vision of a world where more of what we eat comes directly from plants – planet friendly, sustainable and healthy. Our voyage of discovery started over 30 years ago with naturally nutritious soya, turning it into plant-based alternatives to milk, yogurt and cream, meat and margarine, so that anyone and everyone could enjoy delicious plant powered foods. Now almond and hazelnut drinks have just been added to our ever-growing list – we’re still exploring! In other words: our ambition is to be a top performer in offering state-of-the-art food solutions, while caring for people and planet. (www.alpro.com)
This week I was invited by the Alpro Team to get involved in their AlproAM (Alpro Almond Mornings) Challenge which in essence is a campaign to encourage people to kick start their mornings with wholesome and delicious breakfasts during the winter months. My challenge is to create seven healthy, inspirational smoothies, incorporating Alpro Almond Unsweetened or Alpro Almond Original, and as we have been on a smoothie buzz in work for the past few weeks anyway, my rubber arm was twisted and I thought I’d give it a go.
Alpro Almond Unsweetened Facts:
- It’s the lowest nut-based drink on the shop shelves.
- There are only 26 calories in every 200ml serving.
- It’s naturally low in saturated fat.
- It’s plant-based so it’s free from animal fat.
- It’s packed with plant power so will boost your vitamin B12, D and E intake
*Alpro Almond Original has all the goodies with a few extra calories
My AlproAm Challenge:
- Create a different #AlproAM Smoothie every morning for a week.
- Drink them.
- Feel healthier.
Not much of a challenge but to keep you up to date with with it all, I’ll be sharing a photo of a different fabulous creation each morning across all my social media accounts – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google Plus so watch out for the #AlproAM tag.
Challenge Start Date:
Monday January 27th
Don’t Forget ↓
- Personalised Children’s Book – One Time Before – in Ireland - November 29, 2020
- Best Reasons to Wear Sunglasses in Ireland All Year Round - November 27, 2020
- Irish Interior Design Q&A with Creative Natasha Rocca Devine - November 24, 2020