Classic Blue 19-4052
When it comes to home décor and styling PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue promises to create a solid foundation to build upon. According to Pantone it:
injects creative confidence into interiors, transforming a space through unique color combinations and tonal statement’.
image source: pantone.com
From statement furniture to home styling accessories, finishes and materials, it can be a colour that is reminiscent of tradition or a bold expression of taste.
View this post on Instagram
Product details: Trafalgar Navy Blue Velvet Sofa gifted from DFS. For more imagery and styling inspiration see: Homestyle – How to Style a Sofa with Cushions & Throws. Irish Art Designed Cushion by Camlake Canvas.
And I have to agree because it’s this blue shade of velvet that I was drawn to when choosing the sofa for our living room. And it has filled all the above suggestions. It’s a stable colour, a traditional colour and a bold colour. Ultimately a colour I won’t tire of.
Classic Blue Colour in Your Home
Injecting Classic Blue into your home styling and décor doesn’t have to be as indulgent as changing all your home furnishings, or indeed purchasing a new sofa. You can start off small, and keep it that way. Adding the classic blue colour and its shades in a subtle way. Making it work for you and the existing colour scheme throughout your home. It could be as simple as adding a cushion, throw or vase. Or perhaps a pencil? I just love The Blue Pencil Canvas – Printed Frame by Young & Battaglia from Mineheart at Dust.
And because it is such a stable and solid colour to build upon – it will most likely fit perfectly into your home, wherever you choose it to.
Add it to the warm and soothing shades of your bedroom. Or to your bathroom to reflect tropical waters. Add it along with colours that emulate exotic spices throughout your kitchen and living room.
It matches beautifully with schemes that range from pastels to colour pops. From honey to jasmine green. The Pantone Colour of the Year 2020 Palette Exploration is a great place to start when considering colour schemes.
Classic Blue Art and Home Style Accessories Inspiration
The following artworks and homeware pieces from Irish Artists, and Irish-based Design and Interior Stores are available to purchase online and in-store.
- Single colour hand-pulled screen print ‘FORM(S) 3 [BLUE]’ by Alice Fitzgerald at Damn Fine Print
- Agate and Gold Coasters – by Danu Ceramics.
- Fine art Giclée print ‘Always Watching Over You As You Walk The Unknown Path’ by Martina Furlong at Fierce Nice.
- Indigo Check Throw by John Hanly at Irish Design Shop
- Blue Felt Coasters by Alljoy Design at Jam Art Factory
- Brunch at Grangecon Kitchen, Dining Outdoors in Wicklow - September 23, 2021
- Galway Comedy Festival 2021 – 5 Radiant Reasons to Go - September 16, 2021
- Jenkinstown Wood, Kilkenny – Whimsical Walks and Wonderment - September 12, 2021