- It isn’t really Christmas unless you’ve heard ‘Fairytale of New York’ by The Pogues. Fact.
- You don’t have to spend an absolute fortune on presents. Your presence is more important. Fact.
- Christmas is a magical time for children. If you have children make it magical. It’s your duty. Fact.
- Taking the time to check in on elderly relatives or neighbours can only bring good karma. You’ll be old too one day. Fact.
- Some people don’t like Christmas and that’s okay too. Fact.
This poem Snow, by Northern Irish Poet Louis MacNeice, is apt for this December post. Not because of the ‘snow’ and its wintery setting, but because it conveys the emotions and feelings we as people go through daily. And this nature of reality – consciously and subconsciously, is often reflected upon more frequently as another year draws to a close.
The Best Festivals & Events in Dublin this December 2019
Christmas Markets – The Ultimate Guide to Christmas Markets in Ireland
Life above Everything | IMMA | Jun 28th – Jan 2020 | imma.ie
Dundrum on Ice | Dundrum Town Centre | Oct 25th – Jan 12th | dundrumonice.ie
Plastic | Science Gallery Dublin | Oct 25th – Feb 2nd | dublin.sciencegallery.com
Crowed Thresholds Exhibition | Farmleigh | Dec 7th – Mar 26th | farmleigh.ie
Wild Lights at Dublin Zoo | Dublin Zoo | Nov 1st – Jan 5th | dublinzoo.ie
Jean-Michel Basquiat Exhibition | Sal Studio | Nov 13th – Dec 25th | salstudio.ie
Ericsson Skyline Dusk Tour | Croke Park | Nov 21st – Feb 2nd | crokepark.ie
Balla Bán Gallery Christmas Art Show | Nov 28th – Dec 4th | theirelandinstitute
Malahide Skates | Malahide Castle | Nov 29th – Jan 5th | malahideskates.com
Improv Fest Ireland | The Teacher’s Club | Dec 1st – Dec 7th | improvfestireland.com
Dublin Simon – House of Light | Powerscourt | Dec 5th – 7th | dubsimon.ie
Guinness Winterfest | Guinness Open Gate Brewery | Dec 5th – Dec 15th | eventbrite
Handel’s Messiah at St. Patrick’s Cathedral | December 6th | stpatrickscathedral.ie
Designers in the City | Third Space | December 8th | designersinthecity.co
Aware Christmas Run | Phoenix Park | December 14th | aware.ie
New Years Festival Dublin | Dublin City | Dec 31st – Jan 1st | nyfdublin.com
- Best Reasons to Wear Sunglasses in Ireland All Year Round - November 27, 2020
- Irish Interior Design Q&A with Creative Natasha Rocca Devine - November 24, 2020
- Nail Beauty Guide – 7 Types of Manicure You Can Get - November 23, 2020