Manifesting Your New Year’s Resolutions
The beginning of a new year feels, for most adults, like a good time to set new resolutions and attempt to change parts of their lives that they’re not happy with. So, with every new year comes a ‘new me’ that is more determined and motivated to make the changes we want to see.
But how many of these resolutions stick? And how can you make and keep your new year’s resolutions? In this article we look as some survey results and helpful tips on how to manifest the changes you want to make.
Photo by Emmanuel Phaeton
How Well Are You Manifesting Your New Year’s Resolutions?
In Ireland, and according to life coach Sarah Doyle’s interview on ‘How to make and keep your new year’s resolutions‘ with Áine Kenny; people need to ask themselves two fundamental questions when setting New Year’s resolutions.
‘What is the goal motivated by?’ and ‘Does the resolution add value or bring joy to your life?’ In other words, are you motivated by your values or something that is important to you? Sarah states that by asking these questions about the resolutions you have, you actually help weed out the resolutions you make because of others’ expectations – or the resolutions you feel you should make.
And when it comes to stats, the Reflecting Ireland survey by Behavourwise.ie was full of insight, here’s what they found:
- Fitness: 35% of Irish adults plan to lose weight, get fit and improve their diet.
- Finance: 10% plan to ‘sort out their finances’ and cut back on spending.
- Health: 9% of Irish adults plan to spend more time on their mental health.
- Relationships: 8% want to spend more time with family and friends.
Photo by Spenser Sembrat
In the UK, Professional business card printers, instantprint conducted a survey to take a closer look at what the most common new year resolutions are and how the manifestation principle is helping many adults stay loyal to their resolutions throughout the year. Here’s what they found:
- Fitness: 19% of British adults vowed to get fitter in the new year, with as many as 46% of men and 51% of women taking the pledge.
- Finances: 18% of respondents revealed ambitions to get a pay rise. There seems to be a big focus on careers, with 12% wishing to land a promotion in the coming year.
- Travel: Instantprint’s survey revealed that travel topped the list of resolutions for 12% of adults.
- Property Ladder: 12% of young adults are saving for deposits.
Manifesting Your New Year’s Resolutions – Our Top Tips
There are, of course, many ways to get fit, and gyms in particular experience a hike in memberships when the new year rolls around.
The question is, can the resolution be upheld for longer than the first month? This is down to the individual’s power of manifestation, which upholds that if the desire is strong enough, it will become reality. In essence, you attract what you desire through sheer force of will and determination.
Photo by Ali Kazal
When manifesting your new year’s resolutions, part of the manifestation theory dictates that intentions play a huge role in your success to reach your ambitions.
Before going further into the year, people are encouraged to write down how they want to feel and act. Intentions motivate us to get what we want, so if anyone is seeking a promotion or pay rise this year, write it down and place it somewhere to remind you of your intention.
Thanks to the years-long pandemic that closed international borders and forced us all to stay at home, it comes as no surprise that the majority of us want to travel more.
The benefits of travel are endless. Not only do you get to see and experience new places, but you can learn about different cultures, meet people from all over the world and try things you would have never tried before. And because of all these experiences, you will grow in confidence and learn more about yourself.
Photo by Moritz Spahn
Are you embracing the ‘new year, new me’ mindset this year? Do you have any habits you would like to pick up or even drop? Maybe you’ll finally book those flights and see the world or reach a few new ‘personal bests’ at the gym!
How will you reach your aspirations this year?
Try putting into practice the power of manifestation to make your goals a reality. And remember resolutions can start any day, of any month!
- How Well Are You Manifesting Your New Year’s Resolutions? - January 24, 2023
- The Ultimate Guide to Music Festivals in Ireland 2023 - January 21, 2023
- Cooking Basics – How to Make the Perfect Omelette - December 22, 2022