Easter Lemon Cupcake Recipe
This little lemon cupcake recipe is so easy to make and is perfect all year round. To transform them into ‘Easter’ cupcakes just do what I do and add some Easter pizzazz with some little yellow chicks (non edible), chocolate sprinkles or shavings (edible), and mini chocolate Easter eggs (very edible), and if you’re over 18, a glass of bubbles always goes down a treat with one (or two … it is Easter after all).
Further Reading: The Life of Stuff Recipes
The recipe was taken from a book I borrowed from my sister aptly titled ‘Cupcakes’ from a ‘Love Food’ collection and was written by Susanna Tee.
I’ve made these cupcakes numerous times for special occasions and ‘just because’, and they’ve always gone ‘down a treat’. I’ve used different iced toppings, from chocolate to vanilla, (I’ve also cheated and bought the icing premade … shhh) but this simple lemon one is light and sweet.
I normally include step by step photographs of my recipe adventure but in this case I’m just including cute photos of the end result, because to be honest the recipe really is that simple.
An Easy Easter Lemon Cupcake Recipe
Easy Easter Lemon Cupcake Recipe adapted from “Cupcakes by Love Food & Susanna Tee”
Lemon Cupcake Ingredients
Makes 12 Cupcakes:
115g self-raising white flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
115g soft tub margarine
115g caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Finely grated rind of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp milk
85g butter, softened
175g icing sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
Lemon Cupcake Method:
To make the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 190oC, 375oF, Mark 5.
- Put the paper baking cases in a bun tray.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add the butter/margarine, sugar, eggs, lemon rind and milk and beat together using an electric hand whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the bun cases, evenly distributed.
- Bake the cupcakes for 15-20 mins, or until they are well risen and golden brown.
- Once baked, remove them from the oven and place them on a wire rack to cool.
- Put the butter in a bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Sift in the icing sugar then add the lemon juice.
- Beat together until smooth and creamy.
Note: Only ice the cupcakes when they have cooled.
PIN: An Easy Easter Lemon Cupcake Recipe
Follow The Life of Stuff on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
- The Ultimate Guide to Art and Culture Festivals Ireland 2023 - May 18, 2023
- The Ultimate Guide to Music Festivals in Ireland 2023 - May 18, 2023
- Swiss Chard, Spring Onion and Parmesan Pasta Recipe - May 12, 2023