Hen’s Teeth Monthly Markets
The last five years have seen Hen’s Teeth grow from strength to strength within the creative and creative loving community. It doesn’t feel that long ago since I featured Hen’s Teeth as a new online store here on The Life of Stuff. That was back in 2015. Two years later they opened a brick and mortar store on Fade Street. Two years after that, in late 2019 they cemented their place in the creative community – moving to Blackpitts in Dublin 8. An area of The Liberties that has seen great change over recent years. You could say the birth of a new neighbourhood on ancient lands. But keeping in tradition of the markets The Liberties have been known for comes Hen’s Teeth Markets – a monthly market showcasing the works of upcoming artists, and featuring a selection of fashion, art and homewares.
This is the first of our monthly markets taking place in store, featuring our favourite makers & doers in art, fashion, design & culture. We’ve got big plans to grow this out with our neighbours, so keep eyes peeled” Greg Spring, Founder
Hen’s Teeth Markets Launch Date
The first installment of the Hen’s Teeth Markets takes place:
Saturday February 22nd 10:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday February 23rd 11:00am – 5:00pm
What to Expect
The aim of Hen’s Teeth Markets is to promote local traders, provide a platform for upcoming artists with features on contemporary design, fashion, art, music and homewares. The plan is to get bigger and better over the coming months.
Every month ten different, independent traders, artists and craftspeople will take over the Hen’s Teeth studio space over a Saturday and Sunday.”
The first installment of the market features amongst others:
- Softboy Records limited edition merch.
- Tiny Greens artworks
- Donal Talbot photography.
- Kyle Cheldon Barnett fashion collection.
- Optic Music record fair.
- Kate O’Laughlin prints.
Visitors to the market will also be able to:
- Enjoy the new brunch menu at Hen’s Teeth Diner.
- Shop the range in Hen’s Teeth Store.
- Witness the latest exhibition at the Hen’s Teeth Gallery – currently showing is ADAPT: For a Better World – in aid of several charities taking care of the animals affected by the most recent and devastating wildfires in Australia.
Hen’s Teeth is a store, gallery and creative studio on Blackpitts, Dublin 8
…putting smiles on faces through art, food and music since 2015. They work with artists from around the globe to create original artworks, adding colour to your life. #ForABetterLife”
- 10 Things to Do in Ireland on a Rainy Day: Budget-Friendly - February 20, 2024
- The Ultimate Guide to Food and Drink Festivals Ireland 2024 - January 25, 2024
- The Ultimate Guide to Art and Culture Festivals Ireland 2024 - January 24, 2024