European Cervical Cancer Prevention Week – 25-31 January 2015
CervicalCheck – The National Cervical Screening Programme, this European Cervical Cancer Prevention Week (25-31 January 2015), reminds all women aged 25 to 60 of the importance of free, regular cervical screening as this is the most effective method to reduce the risk of developing cervical cancer.
Simple steps for a happy CervicalCheck smear test:
- It’s good to know that Ireland provides free, regular smear tests for all women aged 25 to 60 living here. If you’re in the age range, take advantage of this free service.
- It takes seconds to check when your smear test is due, register, change personal details or find a convenient smear taker at: www.cervicalcheck.ie or Freephone 1800 45 45 55.
- It is reassuring to know that CervicalCheck look for early changes to cells that could one day become cancerous. If changes are found earlier they can be treated, making cervical cancer a truly preventable cancer.
- The nurse or doctor wants you to be happy, comfortable and healthy. If you’re nervous, let them know. Say it when you go in, before you take your clothes off so you feel less vulnerable. Maybe wear a skirt to make it easier to change before and after. At any time, if you are uncomfortable let them know. It can help to talk during the test or to think about other things.
- Afterwards make sure to treat yourself, well done, like most you’ve taken the wise step of participating in cervical screening.
- Remember! Ensure your test is up to date and let friends and family know they can also check when their next smear test is due at: www.cervicalcheck.ie.
- If you use Twitter or Facebook, why not post a photo wearing your Pearl of Wisdom and let your followers know how important it is to have regular smear tests. It only takes a few minutes, is free and could save a life. We are using the hashtag #sharethewisdom to remind women in Ireland aged 25 to 60.
During European Cervical Cancer Prevention Week, CervicalCheck are partnering with the Irish Family Planning Association (IFPA) to promote awareness about cervical cancer prevention. The Pearl of Wisdom is being distributed by IFPA to over 20,000 women across the country.
Freephone information line: 1800 45 45 55
Don’t Forget ↓
- 18 Excellent Irish Whiskey Gift Sets & Boxes €75 and Under - December 3, 2022
- Eco-Friendly Gifts For Kids of All Ages with Jiminy Eco Toys - December 1, 2022
- 10 Top Tips for an Eco-Friendly Sustainable Green Christmas - November 21, 2022