Winter Warmer Recipes
“I need something stronger than beer or wine,” well get your teeth into these Winter Warmer Recipes with a kick.
Hot Irish Whiskey
- 1 measure of Bushmills
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 6 cloves
- 2 slices of lemon
- boiling water
- Pour boiling water over sugar into a strong heat-proof glass and stir.
- Embed 3 cloves into each lemon and place in the glass.
- Add the whiskey and stir, top up with boiling water if needed.
For a more detailed method visit How to make a Powers Hot Whiskey.
- Warm one bottle of vodka over a low heat, do not boil.
- Let simmer.
- Add a half jar of honey, 2 cinnamon sticks, 2 shaved nutmegs and a handful of cloves.
- Let steep over a low heat for about 10/15 mins, strain and serve warm in a short glass.
Now a few of them might just do the trick this winter. For more Bevvy of the Week recommendations visit my page here.
- Bevvy of the Week – Schanzenbrau Helles Beer - June 1, 2022
- Bevvy of the Week – Ballykilcavan Robinson’s Revenge - March 30, 2022
- Enjoy Irish Whiskey – 13 of The Best for St Patrick’s Day - March 16, 2022