Long Island Iced Tea
With the sun shining for a couple of days in a row here in Ireland, one might be forgiven for believing that summer is on its way and if it’s true, it’ll soon be BBQ’s, beers and wine time. However grub, grapes and grains aside what I’m looking forward to doing this summer is making a big batch of my favourite cocktail. The Long Island Iced Tea.
Long Island Iced Tea, yes we all know it, and we’ve all tried it, and most of us at some point have sat around with friends drinking it.
The funny thing is, is that many people just don’t know how much alcohol goes into a proper Long Island Iced Tea concoction. But this post is here to inform you.
Now this is just a guide line, you can put as much or as little alcohol as you like into your bevvy but just make sure you have all the ingredients and the same amount of each.
This is how I make it and it works out tasty.
- 15ml Vodka
- 15ml Tequila (some say Blanco, some say Gold, I say whatever you have, once it’s Tequila)
- 15 ml Rum
- 15ml Gin
- 15ml Triple Sec
- 7.5ml Sweet and Sour Mix
- Put ice into a shaker along with all the alcohol ingredients
- Shake the hell out of it
- Strain into a funky glass if you have one (hurricane glass) or just a normal tall glass
- Squeeze lime juice into the glass
- Top up with Cola
- There you go easy. Just be careful as this drink packs a kick.
- Bevvy of the Week – Trouble Brewing, Park Life - September 7, 2020
- Bevvy of the Week – Irish Cider – Longueville House Cider - August 18, 2020
- Bevvy of the Week – Celebrate World Gin Day with Irish Gin - June 12, 2020