Delicious Mulled Wine
The festive season calls for festive drinks” and there’s no better festive drink than Mulled Wine. Now there are a few simple ways you can enjoy this festive drink. In this Bevvy of the Week post I’ve included the three methods I know. The first method involves making your own from scratch. The recipe I’ve included is a very simple but delicious recipe.
METHOD ONE – The Recipe
- Pick up a cheap bottle of red wine, nothing too strong.
- One peeled and sliced orange (keep peel to add a bit of zest)
- 1/4 cup of brandy
- 8-10 cloves
- 1/3 cup of honey or sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp of allspice
Put all of the above into a large pot, stir occasionally and gently warm for around 20 to 25 min, don’t boil and you are ready to go.
METHOD TWO – Use Pre-made Spices
Buy a packet of Mulled Wine Spices and follow what it says on the box. Nice and handy.
METHOD THREE – Buy a Bottle
Buy a bottle of mulled wine, heat it up and off you go.
- Bevvy of the Week – Proclamation Irish Whiskey - June 16, 2021
- Bevvy of the Week – Gordon’s Mediterranean Orange Gin - June 2, 2021
- Bevvy of the Week – Larkin’s Gingerbread Brown Ale - April 21, 2021