Ways to Have More Family Adventures without Breaking the Bank!
Do you feel like you don’t have enough time for family adventures? You’re not alone. With busy schedules, it can be hard to find time for anything outside of work and home life. But it’s important to make time for family adventures. They create memories that will last a lifetime. This article highlights seven fun but simple ways that you can have more family adventures!
7 Fun Ways to Have More Family Adventures without Breaking the Bank!
Photo by Mael Balland
One of the best ways to have more family adventures is to get outside. Go for a hike, explore a new park, go camping or even just take a walk around your neighbourhood. Fresh air will do you all good!
Further Reading: Why You Need To Spend More Time Outdoors
Plan a Weekend Getaway
A change of scenery can do wonders for your family adventure quota. Look into nearby campgrounds, B&Bs, or even a hotel deal in a neighbouring town. You can even make a day trip out of it if you don’t have the time or the budget for an overnight stay.
Here are some articles for places in Ireland to get you started:
- Where to Go for a Weekend Break in Ireland and the UK – Part 1
- Where to Go for a Weekend Break in Ireland and the UK – Part 2
- Visit Kildare – 12 Fabulous Free Things to Do Outdoors
- A Road Trip around South-West Ireland from Limerick to Tarbet
Photo by Prometheus Design
Go on a Road Trip
Yes I know the price of fuel has skyrocketed lately from petrol and diesel, to electricity for goodness sake but with the right planning you could go on a simple (and short) road trip to nearby attractions. There are so many possibilities when you get creative with your family adventures.
And if fuel isn’t so much much of an issue and you plan on doing a lot of adventuring, you’ll need a car that can handle it. So in this case, if you’re going for a used car, look for something with good mileage and plenty of storage space that will make packing up for your adventures a breeze. And do your research, which includes reading up on car reviews. A site like edmunds has a number of reviews online to help you find a great family vehicle.
Photo by Андрей Курган
Visit a New Place
One of the best ways to have more family adventures is to explore somewhere new. Whether it’s a different town, city, or county, there’s always something new to discover. As a matter of fact have you explored all that your own town or city has to offer? There’s a really good chance there’s a place you’ve been meaning to visit and haven’t! So why not make plans to change that. You never know it could end up becoming your favourite family spot!
Our Top Tips:
- Do some research ahead of time. Spontaneousness is a delight but can be a recipe for disaster at times … if the place is closed or if you arrive past opening time etc etc.
- If travelling with small children, factor in delay time – from nappy changing to travel sickness, factor in those extra minutes here and there before you arrive at your destination.
- Plan out some activities that everyone will enjoy once there, depending on the place of course. And remember that they can be free activities – look for garden walks and community playgrounds, landmarks and festivals.
- Don’t forget to document your adventure! Take lots of pictures and videos so you can look back on them later and reminisce about all the fun you had.
Photo by Markus Spiske
Go on a Scavenger Hunt
Scavenger hunts are a great way to get the whole family involved in your adventure. Make a list of things to find or do and head out into your neighbourhood or a nearby park. You can even turn it into a competition to see who can find everything first.
Scavenger hunts are also a great way to explore new places. If you’re travelling to a new city, look out for organised scavenger hunts that take you around to all the best sights. Or create your own!
Have a Picnic
Picnics are the perfect way to enjoy some time outdoors with your family. Pack up some snacks and drinks and find a nice spot to relax. Don’t forget to bring a blanket (or beach towel) to sit on so you can really make yourself comfortable.
Further Reading: 8 Simple Steps To Packing The Perfect Picnic Basket
There are so many great ways to have more family adventures. Get outside, explore new places, and make some memories that will last a lifetime. With a little planning and creativity, you can have all the family adventures you’ve been dreaming of. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your next adventure today!
PIN: 7 Fun Ways to Have More Family Adventures on a Budget
- How Well Are You Manifesting Your New Year’s Resolutions? - January 24, 2023
- The Ultimate Guide to Music Festivals in Ireland 2023 - January 21, 2023
- Cooking Basics – How to Make the Perfect Omelette - December 22, 2022