70 Things to do in Dublin
I’d say I know Dublin pretty well. Enough to blog about it here on The Life of Stuff, and write guides for it elsewhere.
These 70 Things to do in Dublin are listed in no particular order. Some things are free, some aren’t. Please read and enjoy with an open mind. I’ve tried and tested them all.
For more images of ‘Things to do in Dublin’ and to inspire you to discover Dublin, Ireland and beyond – follow thelifeofstuff on Instagram.
- The 5 Best Romantic Walks and Strolls in Dublin City
- The Blooming Best – Five Gorgeous Gardens to Walk in Dublin City
- Seven Super Luxury Hotels in Dublin – Tried & Tested
- Cultural, Educational, Fun Things to Do for Toddlers in Dublin
70 Things to do in Dublin – The List
- Go to Ticknock in the Dublin Mountains (it’s about 30 minutes from the City Centre) and climb to Three Rock Mountain to take in the beautiful views of Dublin City and Bay.
- Buy and enjoy a donut while still warm from The Rolling Donut on O’Connell Street.
- Visit and walk through the War Memorial Gardens, take a selfie near the pillars.
- Drink a pint of Guinness at the Blue Light pub in Sandyford whilst looking out over Dublin.
- Visit the Irish Whiskey Museum and order an Iced Irish Coffee afterwards.
- Sing karaoke at Ukiyo Bar on Exchequer Street.
- Have a picnic in the Phoenix Park, see if you can spot the deers and other wildlife.
- Take a walk around St Stephen’s Green and then picnic on the green.
- Stay in the Fitzwilliam Hotel on Stephen’s Green.
- Go see a band in Whelan’s main venue.
View this post on Instagram
- Take a walk up the Dublin Mountains to the Hellfire Club and go inside, if you dare.
- Drink cocktails on the rooftop bar of the Marker Hotel at sunset.
- Enjoy Afternoon Tea in the Shelbourne Hotel on Stephen’s Green.
- Go to a gig at The Olympia Theatre.
- Visit the Temple Bar Food Market and eat your way around it.
- Drink coffee and people watch outside of Clement and Pekoe on South William Street.
- Take a walk through Mount Jerome Cemetery, Dublin’s answer to Père Lachaise Cemetery in Paris.
- Go sunbathing on Donabate Beach, Co. Dublin.
- Give a Grafton Street Busker some change.
- Stay a night in the Shelbourne Hotel on Stephen’s Green.
- Take a dart to Howth and dine at Aqua Restaurant.
- Eat Fish and Chips from Leo Burdocks at Christchurch, preferably on a rainy day.
- Visit Dublin Zoo – and awaken your inner child.
- Dine out at the Taste of Rustic by Dylan McGrath on South Great George’s Street, D.2.
- Visit the Crypt of Mummies at St. Michan’s Church on Church Street, Dublin 7.
- Buy a pint and tap your toes to a Trad Session in the Cobblestone in Smithfield.
- Eat at Chapter One on Parnell Square.
- Visit the Guinness Storehouse, and pull your own pint with a 360 degree view of Dublin.
- Visit the Botanic Gardens in Glasnevin. And time it so you can grab a bite at Honest to Goodness Market first.
- Go for dinner at the IFI Café Bar and then go see a film.
- Take a walk through the Iveagh Gardens, or go see a gig there if you get the chance.
- Take your time strolling through Powercourt Town Centre. And keep an eye out for some great independent shops whilst there.
- Walk the length of Sandymount Strand, D 4.
- Buy something at Jam Art Factory.
- Go for a cycle through the Phoenix Park.
- Buy some vinyl in FreeBird Records on Wicklow Street, D 2.
- Visit Fibber Magees for some not so easy listening metal music on Parnell Street.
- Walk around Marley Park and try and find the Fairy Tree.
- Visit the Little Museum on Stephen’s Green.
- Watch some live comedy at the The International Bar, Wicklow Street, D 2
- Drink wine at Ely Bar in D 2.
- Take a walk along the River Liffey from Heuston Station to the Dublin Port, take photos of every bridge you pass.
- Dine at Terre Madre Café, Bachelors Walk for some authentic Italian food.
- Take a tour of the Teeling Distillery and taste their whiskey afterwards.
- Enjoy Sunday Brunch at the Merrion Hotel.
- Enjoy the art on display at Merrion Square Open Air Art Gallery on a Sunday.
- Visit The Open Gate Brewery at Guinness’ James’s Gate.
- Pick a spot in the sun at The Barge in Ranelagh.
- Take a walk through Massey’s Estate at the foot of the Dublin Mountains.
View this post on Instagram
- Go grocery shopping at Fallon & Byrne on Exchequer Street, or Listons on Lower Camden Street.
- Visit the Hugh Lane Gallery on Parnell Street.
- Enjoy brunch at Brasserie Sixty6 on George’s Street, order the Eggs Benedict or Florentine.
- Spend a night out at Panti Bar, Capel Street, D 1.
- Go to any exhibition in the Science Gallery Dublin, Pearse Street, D 1.
- Take a stroll along the Great South Wall Walk.
- Enjoy Afternoon Tea, the peculiar boozy one, at The Westin Hotel.
- Go grocery shopping at The Green Door Market – now at Bluebell Business Centre in Dublin 12.
- Drink cocktails at Peruke & Periwig on Dawson Street.
- Visit Glasnevin Cemetery, use a map when there, or take a tour.
- Go see a play at The New Theatre, Essex Street in Temple Bar.
- Enjoy a light bite and some shopping at Hen’s Teeth on Blackpitts in Dublin 8.
- Dance on sand dust at the Garage Bar on Essex Street in Temple Bar.
- Order a drink and sit outside people watching at Bruxelles on Harry Street.
- Take the Dart to Dún Laoighaire on a Sunday, walk the pier and then visit the People’s Park Market.
- Drink a pint of Craft Beer at The Black Sheep on Capel Street, D 1
- Shop or window shop at Brown Thomas on Grafton Street.
- Go to comedy show at the Laughter Lounge on Eden Quay.
- Visit the Irish Rock n Roll Museum in Temple Bar.
- Go see a musical or show at the Bord Gais Energy Theatre.
- Dine at L’Ecrivain on Baggot Street.
I’m almost certain you’ll enjoy my 70 Things to do in Dublin this Summer.
If you think there’s something I’m missing from my list that I haven’t included then I’d love if you leave it in the comment box below. Patrick thinks that the Forty Foot in Dún Laoighaire should be on my list.
*This article was first published in June 2016.
PIN: 70 Things to do in Dublin this Summer
- A Family Day Out at The Kildare Maze, Naas, Co. Kildare - June 16, 2021
- 70 Things to do in Dublin this Summer - May 31, 2021
- Visit Kildare – 12 Fabulous Free Things to Do Outdoors - May 5, 2021