A Quintessential Quiche Recipe
Did you know that quiche is actually of German origin and not french? However Quiche Lorraine is a speciality from the Lorraine region of France.
This recipe is a simple quiche recipe inspired by thecookingfoodie.com. The ingredients are simple and include tomatoes, ham, cheddar and parmesan but you can use whatever ingredients to flavour yours – keep it in line with Quiche Lorraine and use gruyere, onion, bacon lardons and nutmeg. Or go vegetarian with onions, mushrooms, green peppers and zucchini.
Further Reading: The Life of Stuff Recipes
Quiche Recipe Ingredients
Ingredients For The Crust:
- 280g flour
- 170g butter, cold and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-6 tablespoons cold water
Ingredients For the Tomato, Ham & Basil Quiche
- 3 eggs
- 240 ml cream
- 4-5 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- About 80g ham, cubed
- 100g cheddar, grated
- 20g Parmesan, grated
- teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 5-6 Basil leaves, torn
Quiche Recipe Method – Photo Step by Step
Quiche Recipe – Make the Crust
- Add the flour, salt and cold cubed butter to your food processor and process until crumbs are formed.
- Add the cold water and process until a dough is formed. Do not over mix this crust mixture
- Remove the dough from the food processor and create a ball, then flatten into a disk shape, wrap it in cellophane and refrigerate for it as is for about 30 minutes.
- When the dough has been chilled, roll it out on a floured board or counter top. Roll it until it can comfortably fit your dish (a 24 or 25cm dish is a good size).
- You’re going to be blind baking this pastry and so you will either need baking paper and dried beans, rice or a pie weight (you put the paper down and fill the space with your weights). Or you can do what I do and use another dish to keep the pastry weighed down.
- Evenly press the dough into the bottom and around the sides of your dish and trim off the ex. Trim off the excess dough. A tip is to roll this excess into a ball and use it to help you press the dough into place.
- Fork the dough and transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160C Fan, 180C, or 350F.
- Bake for 15 min. Remove the weights then return to your oven for another 10 minutes or until crust is slightly golden.
- Remove from your oven.
Quiche Recipe – Make the Quiche Mix
- Beat the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add the basil leaves.
- Evenly sprinkle the grated cheddar onto the baked pastry crust, add the ham, and sprinkle the parmesan on top.
- Gently pour over the eggs and cream mixture.
- Arrange halved cherry tomatoes with the cut side up.
- Bake until golden brown, usually for about 30-35 minutes.
- Serve for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or tea!
PIN: A Quality Quiche Recipe – Step by Step Photo Instructions
- Destination UK – 7 of the Best Cities in the UK to Visit - June 22, 2022
- 5 Caring Ways to Support the Elderly in Your Life - June 21, 2022
- 8 Wonderful Health Benefits of Getting a Dog - June 20, 2022