O’Shea’s To Helles and Back Irish Craft Lager
This week’s Bevvy of the Week is a German style Helles lager from the Carlow Brewing Company called O’Shea’s To Helles and Back.
Helles lager is traditionally brewed in Munich, southern Germany. It is a pale colour in appearance and has more body than a regular pilsner.
O’Shea’s To Helles and Back is a decent well rounded lager. Medium to light bodied with slight citrus undertones. No overpowering flavours, it’s crisp and refreshing.
O’Shea’s To Helles & Back comes in a 500ml bottle, is 4.4% abv and costs around €2 per bottle from your local Off Licence.
- For more Bevvy of the Week recommendations from the Carlow Brewing Company visit
- For more Irish and international Bevvy of the Week recommendations visit my Bevvy of the Week page
- Bevvy of the Week – Grace O’Malley Blended Irish Whiskey - February 3, 2021
- Bevvy of the Week – Powers Irish Hot Whiskey Recipe - January 6, 2021
- New Year’s Bubbles – A Short Guide of 3 Top Tips - December 16, 2020